Thursday, September 20, 2007

Chinese Lantern Festival

(I know this post isn't food related but the lanterns were so pretty I had to share some pictures)

One thing I did enjoy in Canada was the Chinese Lantern Festival (http://www.chineselanternfestival.ca/). The nite I went it was nice cool and surprisingly not crowded at all! I guess since it rained in the morning, people didn't want to go? The lanterns this year focused on the Qin, Tang, and Song Dynasties. Some people online said this year wasn't as good as last year's event but I got discount tickets for only $18 per person so I can't complain. Aside from the lanterns, they had some performances, and food and craft kiosks. The strawberry bubble tea I had was good but I think the rest of the food was just mediocre.

These Chinese 2009 Olympics Mascots are so cute!


The Panda Family and Lil' Bunny were cute too :D



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn, I can't believe it's a year already since I been there. I'm glad it wasn't crowded, 'cuz at the end of the night I was so ready to kill all the people that stepped on my foot.