Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Vancouver Day 1

I've always wanted to go to Vancouver and finally got the chance to last month. I fell in love with the city and of course the food! Richmond definitely has the best chinese food.

Day 1

I arrived around noon and decided to take a stroll around Vancouver's Chinatown. It isnt as crowded as NY so that was nice. They also had a great selection of fruit and had tons of mangosteen!!!



The dragon fruit was probably about $2 canadian bucks each, much better than the $10 ones we get at the Korean store in VA.















The starfruits were really big and pretty but didn't taste all that good.



Here's what I brought back to the hotel w/me on day 1. The mangosteen was soooooooooo good, I think I might have to go to Toronto this summer to eat some more. :P

We weren't sure where to go for dinner so we just started to walk down Robson Street and ended up at Tsunami Sushi (http://www.vancouvereatsout.com/tsunami.html). The place was pretty crowded for a Wednesday night, had to wait about 10-15 min before we got a spot at the sushi go round area. The food was pretty good, I'd say my favorite was the gyoza.
















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG....I didnt even have time to check this out till now. It's awesome...and where is Vancouver day 2,3,4...btw????